Saturday, April 13, 2013

Excerpt of the Week

Hello, peoples!  I am going to try to post a book excerpt every week, but we'll see how that works out. ;)

-Prince Caspian: Chapter 9,

     "'I suppose your majesties know the way all right?' said the Dwarf.
     'I don't,' said Susan. 'I've never seen these woods in my life before. In fact, I thought all along that we ought to have gone by the river.'
     'Then I think you might have said so at the time,' answered Peter, with pardonable sharpness.
     'Oh, don't take any notice of her,' said Edmund. 'She always is a wet blanket. You've got that pocket-compass of yours, Peter, haven't you?  Well then, we're right as rain.  We've only got to keep on going North-West -- cross that little river, the what-do-you-call-it?--the Rush--'
     'I know,' said Peter. 'The one that joins the big river at the Fords of Beruna, or Beruna's Bridge, as the D.L.F. calls it.'
     'That's right. Cross it and strike up hill, and we'll be at the stone table (Aslan's How, I mean) by eight or nine o'clock. I hope King Caspian will give us a good breadkfast!'
     'I hope you're right,' said Susan. 'I can't remember all that at all.'
     'That's the worst of girls,' said Edmund to Peter and the Dwarf. 'They never can carry a map in their heads.'
     'That's because our heads have something inside them,' said Lucy."

Have a great weekend, and read awesome books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!