Saturday, August 24, 2013

Elegant Blogger Award

Thank you Anna from HeroDragonmaster, and Rubberboot Girl for nominating me for the Elegant Blogger Award!



THE RULES
  • When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog that nominated you
  • Display the award button in the post
  • Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (Do not make your own questions)
  • Nominate 12 bloggers
  • Notify them that they have been awarded

THE QUESTIONS

1. What made you decide to start blogging?
My brother has had a blog for a few years and then in spring 2013 I started following some blogs. I loved reading everyone's posts and I thought, why don't I do it too? So, I started this blog, which is named after a place in Anne of Green Gables. :)


2. What is your fashion style?
Hmm...kinda boring, really. I like simple clothing, plain T-shirts and jean shorts for regular (summer) days, but I do love dresses and skirts and other pretty things.


3. What is something none of your followers know about you?
I have a bouncy ball collection. Yep. I have almost 100. 
4. What are some of your blogging goals?
To post every day...to have a blog that people like...stuff like that.

5. Where is your favorite place to shop?

 JCrew, Sundance, Land's End, Boden. 
6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be?
Oooh, well, it'd be awesome to have 500 or so, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
7. What are your talents?
Sewing, working with kids, piano, acting, laughing, being awkward.

8. Are you a leader or a follower?
I'm a leader. I was always the one to decide what me and my friends were going to do, always. 



9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book , I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right - in the way that's best for us."
                                                            The Railway Children, E. Nesbit

10. Do you have a favorite book or book series?
Anne of Green Gables series!! And Chronicles of Narnia. And tons more, just look at my books page. 

11. Out of all of the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)?
Um....probably smart. I'm not really any of the other things. 

12. What is your favorite flower?
Daisies and Day-lilies. They're simple and pretty. 


Okay, now to nominate 12 peoples...
Rachel @Confessions of a Daydreamer
Tangerine-Tane @Fifth Out of Ten
Willow @In The Words of Willow
Grace @It's My Life
Jessie @My Thoughtful Spot
Poem Girl @Poetic Meditations
Maddie @Real
Sarah @Sarah, Plain & Average
SW @A Free Mind
Claire @hello little birdy
Hanna @In Neverland
Azure @Pippa and Poppy

Whew, that's a lot of bloggers! Alright, now I've got to go notify them. :)
Thanks everyone for following and commenting, I really appreciate it!
Christina

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Christina, for awarding me!! So sweet! ^__^

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your answers! :) And I love that quote from The Railway Children, that book is wonderful! :)
    Thanks so much for nominating me!!
    xox
    sw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe there's someone else out there who's read The Railway Children! Yay!
      You're very welcome!

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to stop by and say that your blog is awesome! I have no idea why I haven't checked it out till now! I just completely forgot. But so glad I follow you now =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! You're so kind!

      Delete
  4. thank you so much! i love your blog, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!