Friday, August 23, 2013

Story Snippets

Often when I see pictures on Pinterest, I get a quick little scene in my head, or a story snippet. I thought you guys might enjoy seeing some of these. :) Tell me what you think!

She hesitated, heart thumping and hand on the gate. Could she do it? Open the gate that she had fled through as a child?  Nearly ten years had passed since she last set foot inside those walls, much less the grand mansion they encircled; the mansion she had once called home. The memories came flooding back to her; she had been only twelve when she accepted Jesus into her heart. On informing her father of her decision, he became dreadfully angry, more than she had ever seen him before. Blinded by rage, he had sent her away, and she had left, tearful and confused, yet ever holding fast to her decision. She shook her head as if to clear it of the memories, and she sighed. Then, taking a deep breath, she pushed the gate open.

As Catherine ran down the winding staircase, she tripped on her long dress, nearly tumbling over the railing. Biting her lip, she glanced out the window to her right and stifled a scream. It was Them. She gathered up her skirts and ran even faster. If only she could make it to the stables in time! There Catherine knew she would find Elyndril, her flying horse, who could take her to the kingdom of Letin, the one place she would be safe.

3 comments:

  1. I loved them!

    Especially the first one...you ought to write a full story about that one, I really like it! (and the second one of course!)

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      That would be cool; who knows, maybe I will someday!
      Awesome!

      Delete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!