Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's Up-dates

Okay, this morning I thought I would do a post about what's been going on lately in me life, and for some reason "What's updates" just popped into my mind. IF YOU KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM TELL ME!!! I AM DYING OF SUSPENSE!! Okay, okay, it's really not that bad, but I know it's from somewhere! Actually, Will probably knows. He knows everything lotsastuff. And he has a mind like a steel trap. No, not really, but he does have a rather amazing memory. I don't really get how you can have a mind like a steel trap. I guess because it snaps things up quickly. Yeah, well, anyway....(He's my brother, btw).

Last week our grandparents came and babysat us while our parents went to Hawaii for their 20th anniversary. It was...fun, interesting, slightly stressful, etc. In order to fully appreciate what this means, I must tell you some things about them.
   1. They are in love with Disney. Like, really, really, really, crazy obsessed with it. They go to Disneyland/world every other year. Yep.
   2. My grandpa collects comic books. Little Lulu, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Uncle Scrooge, etc. He has soooooo many! (note to self: ask Will how many he has).
   3. They aren't Christians. :(  My grandpa says "The world is so bad that you have to create your own fantasy world" and they have. It's kinda sad.
   4. My grandma over-compliments. I can never tell how sincere she is. I know that she wants to make me feel good, but I always end up confused.
They also have traditions when they babysit us:
   - Buy Hostess stuff while they're here so that "we can enjoy the stuff we'd never get to enjoy otherwise" (quote from them). Twinkies, cupcakes, donettes; those things are weird, like, really strange flavor and consistency. Preservatives, ugh.
   - Take at least one picture of us eating a breakfast, lunch and dinner. And of course everyone looks crazy with their mouths full of food.
   - Bring their Wii, a bunch of comic books, and tons of Disney/Pixar films. We the boys play video games and read comic books all day and then at night we watch a movie at night.
It was pretty fun. :) Our Aunt Traci and our cousin Jake came over for two nights while Grandma and Grandpa were here. Aunt Traci is my dad's sister, and she's pretty awesome. The second night they (Aunt Traci and Jake) were here, my Uncle Mike came and he and my aunt and my grandma all came and saw the Sound of Music! My aunt and uncle were very impressed with the quality of the theater :).  It was a great week!

Moving on...yesterday was my last performance of Sound of Music! I can't believe it's over! I'm not sad, though, it went for long enough, and it was awesome while it lasted! 50 people from our homeschool co-op came and saw it, plus a few other people that I know! It was so cool! Here's a picture of me and my best friends after the show last night:
Olivia, me, and Caitlin

A lot of the cast members gave me stuff! Stephen (Friedrich) gave me an origami rose (he's crazy about origami), Kylie (Liesl) gave me a real rose and a card, Sadie (Gretl) gave me a little keychain thing that she made, Luke (Kurt) gave me a bracelet that he made out of camo cord, Heather (the nun that helped me with my quick-changes) gave me a candy bar and a Starbucks giftcard, and Jenness (Maria) gave me a card that she painted using watercolors! All I did was bring cookies (almost all of them were eaten, they were homemade frosted sugar cookies) and give Heather a thing of Lindt chocolates. I'm planning on giving people cards at the end of the season picnic. :)
This is the card Jenness gave me. It's a painting of the scene where we meet Maria and I say "You mean, you don't know anything about being a governess?" She added a jar of spiders in my hand because I'm the mischievous one. :D

It has been an amazing experience: I got the part I wanted, in the play I've wanted to be in for years, with an awesome cast!! It has just been...wow, amazing. :)
That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed this rambling update!
Christina

6 comments:

  1. You like acting?? :) Me too!! :) And my brother was actually in The Sound of Music play, and I went to watch it! It was so awesome! :) And you're really pretty! :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it! That's awesome!! Wow, so cool!
      Aw, thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. Whats updates is from Blimey Cow, so your right, Will would know. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooohhhhh, that's right. Yep, I know my bro!

      Delete
  3. That's so awesome =) I've always wanted to be in play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah? This is only my second play, I couldn't believe I made it in!

      Delete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!