Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm Back! // New Experiences

As you can see, I'm back! It was a wonderful vacation, and I will share photos with ya'll when I can use the laptop (that way I can re-size them, I don't think the program is on this computer). We had fairly good weather, in spite of the predictions of a week of rain; and Dad and us kids spent a lot of time in the water (it was in the 60s the whole time, lol).

Tomorrow I begin Running Start, Washington state's community college program for high-schoolers. I'll be taking Pre-calculus, Spanish 1, and English 101. I'm kinda excited, kinda nervous, and kinda not-really-thinking-about-it. My friends Caitlin and Kyrie are each in one of my classes, so that'll be nice. My best friend Olivia didn't make it into the program, but it worked out well for her because now she can be on her church's worship team! This is going to be so different after being homeschooled all of my life, but I'm sure it'll all work out perfectly, everything always does. Even so, it'd be great if you'd pray for me. :)

My dad has been teaching me to drive the stick-shift so that I can drive that to the college, therefore Mom can have the other car. It's been going pretty well, I only killed the engine three times in traffic today, and I didn't slip when starting on a hill, so overall I think I'll be fine driving it tomorrow (I hope :P).

I'll be applying for a job as a beginning ski instructor up at Mission Ridge (our local ski mountain) pretty soon (aka. I just have to send it in). Last year I was a cadet, which was like training to become a teacher, and then I took (and passed!) the PSIA, which certified me as a Level 1 ski teacher. I have no doubt that I'll be hired, they always need more people, and I'm certified, so I just have to go through the whole process of applying and interviewing. ;)

Next Sunday I'm going to audition for LST's Christmas play; It's a Wonderful Life. Of course, auditioning isn't a new experience for me, but it's just more upcoming stuff in my life, so I'm including it. :P There's a very good chance that I won't get in, 'cause the only role I could fit into is the bank lady, and she's supposed to appear at least 20. Seeing that I played a 14-year-old this summer, I'm not sure that I fit that look, but it doesn't hurt to try. I certainly won't be devastated if I don't get in.

Well, I think that's enough for now. I have no idea what my schedule will be like once college starts, so I can't tell you what my posting will be like, just don't expect much. :)

Thanks for reading!
Christina




5 comments:

  1. Wow your life sounds pretty busy, but fun too! :) I hope you're doing good Christina! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that pretty much describes it! :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, your life sounds almost as busy as mine, lol. ;) But I hope that everything goes well for you! And good luck with your driving, my older brother is working on that as well. :)
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound busy, but in a good way! :) I'll pray for you, Christina!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!