Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"I'm happy for you"


"I'm so happy for you."
That is what my friend said to me after I got 93% on a math test. 
She got 49%. 
And she was perfectly sincere.

I felt so bad for her, and extremely awkward.
I love getting good grades, but I hate it when my grade is far better than my friend's.
It's super awkward.
I never know what to say.

Later that day, I started thinking about that phrase.
Those few words make me so happy.
The thought that someone would be made happy because something good happened to me is . . .
Amazing.

Olivia has often also said that to me.
It makes me feel so loved, like others actually care.

And they do care.
It's just not as . . .
Obvious, I guess.

What's my point? 
I don't know.
Maybe that we should show others that we care more often.
Even when you think they already know.

What do you think?
    
Why that picture? Simply because I like it :)

4 comments:

  1. I think that's really true, Christina. :)

    So... I think you're an amazing friend and your comments always brighten my day so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Aw thank you so much!! That is so kind! You are a wonderful friend :D

      Delete
  2. Very true. I think I assume people understand I care more than I should; and even if they do it's nice to be told. :) And, as Anna said, you're a great blogger friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's exactly what I was trying to say! :D
      Thank you! I love your comments, you always have the nicest things to say!

      Delete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!