Monday, October 28, 2013

Jesus Prayed For You

The other day during family devotions, we were reading John 17, when we came across one of the most encouraging passages that I have read. Guys, Jesus himself prayed for you. I mean, that's amazing!



"I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours." John 17:9
See that? He wasn't just praying for everyone in general, but for us in particular. He had you in mind.

"I have given them your word, and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world." John 17:14
You know those days when you feel like you're so imperfect that not even God can truly forgive you? You're no longer of this world.

"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world, but that you protect them from the evil one." John 17:15
We are not meant to hide our faith, to remove ourselves from the world. God is protecting us.

"As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world." John 17:18
Jesus himself sent us out. He gave us a mission.

"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message." John 17:20
He didn't just pray for his disciples, he was praying for everyone who comes to know him. No matter when you come to know him, he prayed for you.

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am" John 12:24
He wants us.

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.  I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.” John 17:25-26

Isn't that beautifully amazing?! I was just--just overcome by the fact that Jesus prayed for me.
Hope the rest of your day is wonderful!
Christina

6 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful verses you picked out! I was just reading this "As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world." John 17:18 and you're note "Jesus himself sent us out. He gave us a mission." and it suddenly occurred to me: wouldn't that be just amazing to be able to say, come judgment day, "Mission Accomplished"?! I don't know if you've seen the M:I movies but what you said just put me in mind of them. And I mean that all in a perfectly reverent way. :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That would be amazing. To stand before the throne, to be able to say "mission accomplished" and to be told "well done, good and faithful servant."
      I haven't seen those, but thank you so much!

      Delete
    2. Exactly! You're welcome! :) At the start of each movie the main guy is told "your mission, should you choose to accept it is...." and then at the end of at least of them the main guy after (at great cost to himself) completing his mission says "mission accomplished"! So yeah. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, that IS beautiful! Thanks for writing this, Christina. :)

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!