Monday, October 7, 2013

Personal Discoveries

Do you ever make a discovery about yourself? Figure out that you like something and realize how much it makes sense? In this year (which doesn't feel that long...) I have observed certain things that I love, and wondered why I didn't notice it before; such as:



     - I love historical fiction.
Yes, it's true. I've found that my favorite books are those which are set in a time other than the present. Of course, many books are historical fiction, but that doesn't mean that my love of them is meaningless. Favorite books of mine that fall into this category are Rilla of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery: the 8th and final Anne of Green Gables book, which is set during WWII; The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy: set during the French Revolution; and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen; set in the 1800s.



      - I like writing
Hah! This one may not surprise you, but it sure surprised me. I guess because when I was younger I thought that I hated writing, but it's really just essays that I hate, and even those aren't terrible. I didn't fully realize this until about a week ago when my mom said something about how anyone who loves to blog likes to write; I think it's true. At least, it's true for me.


     - Why I like dolls so much
Okay, I've always known that I like dolls, but lately I've been wondering why I like them so much. I think it has to do with my love of writing and creating! I love to think up my dolls' characters and make up stories about them for this blog. I always felt (and sometimes still do) funny about liking dolls for so long, but it's just part of my personality, and my creativity.

What have you discovered about yourself lately?
Christina
All photos via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!