Thursday, November 7, 2013

My One and Only Fandom//A Rant

Ya'll might be like "what??? only one fandom??"
Well, I have only one thing that I am rather obsessed with.
Narnia
I love Narnia so much.
It is the best story since ever.

Yes, I like LOTR, Anne of Green Gables, Scarlet Pimpernel, Charles Dickens, etc., etc. etc.
I have millions of literary loves.

But Narnia.
We have the Radio Theatre dramatization--which I love.
I don't know about you, but Narnia gives me thrills.
I mean, how could it not??
It's so magical and exciting, and awesome!!

I've been listening to the dramatization while driving to and from rehearsals.
It's not a perfect dramatization.
They do leave some things out.
But it's still splendid.
I've listened to these about 4-5 times each (each story, that is)

Since rehearsals started, I've finished The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and now I'm listening to The Horse and His Boy.

It's so fun!!!

There were some quotes from TMN that I wanted to share. I provided some previous quotation so that you know what the context is, but the part I love is in bold :)

"Well, I do think someone might have arranged about our meals," said Digory.
"I'm sure Aslan would have, if you'd asked him," said Fledge.
"Wouldn't he know without being asked?" said Polly.
"I've no doubt he would," said the Horse (still with his mouth full). "But I've a sort of feeling he likes to be asked."
"Alas," said Aslan, shaking his head. "It will. Things always work according to their nature. She [Jadis] has won her heart's desire; she has unwearying strength and endless days like a goddess. But length of days with an evil heart is only length of misery and already she begins to know it. All get what they want: they do not always like it."

"For what you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are."
 My favorite part of TMN is when Aslan creates Narnia. It's so beautiful.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this fanble (y'know, fan ramble :P)
Have a lovely day!
Christina

12 comments:

  1. O_O


    :D :D :D :D
    I like Narnia also. :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeee Narnia!! Its like my childhood series... one of my first memories is my dad reading them to all of us kids!! Love them so much!!
    Only fandom?! You only have one fandom?! :O Hehe! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!!
      I know! Crazy, right?! Well, maybe I exaggerated a teensy bit because I was getting excited, but I do feel like it is one if my main fandoms ;)

      Delete
  3. NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love listening to the stories over and over and over on CD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FOR NARNIA!

    That's cool that you only have one fandom. I'm drowning in them.

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!