Saturday, November 2, 2013

November!!

“November is the most disagreeable month in the whole year,' said Margaret, standing at the window one dull afternoon, looking out at the frostbitten garden.
'That's the reason I was born in it,' observed Jo pensively, quite unconscious of the blot on her nose.
'If something very pleasant should happen now, we should think it a delightful month,' said Beth, who took a hopeful view of everything, even November.”

Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

I actually disagree with Meg, but it's Little Women and November, so I included it. Besides, Beth makes a good point :) 



I don't usually do these month posts (mainly because I get tired of reading them, lol), but November is just so exciting! I love November because....

  - leaves are flying off the trees and twirling through the air (it's so gorgeous and story-bookish)
 
  - it usually snows beautifully the week of Thanksgiving (and on through December!)

  - Thanksgiving!! I love getting to see family! (and eating, of course)

  - Making gingerbread houses! (yes, this is a Christmas thing, but we usually do it the weekend after Thanksgiving).

  - It's the month before December!! (lol)

Have a lovely day!
Christina

8 comments:

  1. I agree with every word you just said!
    Sorry I've never really commented much on here, but I love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. November is a lovely month. :) I get to start making things with pumpkin, and make ginger cookies, and all kinds of goodies we only get near November and December, as well as there's Thanksgiving. And my older sister comes to visit this month. :D And there's a possibility of snow now as it gets colder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? That sounds so fun! Oh yes, pumpkin baked goods! They are the best!! Oh, I'm so excited!

      Delete
  3. I love Thanksgiving! :) And we usually decorate for Christmas soon afterwards and I love Christmas!!! :) (Okay, so I love all the family holidays but especially CHRISTMAS!!!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Getting ready for Christmas is half the fun! I love it all!!

      Delete
  4. Beth is one of my heroines! <3 I really should re-read LW sometime.

    xx Les

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!