Saturday, June 7, 2014

Enjoying Today

via Pinterest
Y'know, sometimes I start my weeks thinking about Friday. Every day gets better because it's almost Friday. Right now, I can't wait 'til next Thursday, when I finish my first year of college classes.

But I've come to realize that that's not right. I'm rushing through my week in order to get to my days off, which are fewer than the days I spend in school. Is that how I want to live? Am I just going to skip past truly living the unpleasant days and then just have fun on my free ones?

I want to live every day. To truly live. Not to think about what I'm going to do as soon as I have time. Not to think about how much I hate my situation. Not to continually look to the future. For who knows what it may hold?

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)

We don't know what's going to happen next. What if I die tomorrow? It's awfully hard to keep that in mind, 'cause life feels so "normal" like it won't end for a long time, which it may not! So it's important to make the most of each and every day.

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."  Ephesians 5:15-16 (NIV)

And we all know this verse:

"This is the that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it"  Psalm 118:24 (NIV)

Yes, this is something I've heard time and time again, but realizing it for myself has made it that much more pertinent and true in my life!

We have so few days; why not make the most of them?

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!