Sunday, July 20, 2014

Homemade Raspberry Pie // Hopes and Dreams


I'll be graduating next spring so I've been thinking a lot about my future. The main careers that I've tossed up are teaching and being a children's librarian. The latter intrigues me most.

As a teacher, I'd have to create lesson plans, correct homework, and figure out how to deal with problem kids outside of teaching hours. I've also heard that most primary school teachers hate their job for the first three years. My overall hope is to eventually be a stay-at-home mom, so I'm not really looking for a life-long career.


However, as a librarian I could possibly have more flexibility. I would still be with kids, which I love, but I wouldn't be managing a classroom. I could help with story-readings and puppet shows and other activities. In addition, I am passionate about literature, and I'd love to encourage kids to read more well-written classics. I'd also like to continue my other hobbies: sewing, photography, and especially acting. 


My current plan is to take a gap year after I graduate, get some experience and a better idea of what I want to do, and then continue on into college after that. I won't be able to audition for a summer show next year, but I'm hoping to go to a theater camp so I can get some real training. During my time off, I can shadow teachers and librarians, get work experience, and maybe even do some stuff I've always wanted to do! Who knows?

I know my dreams are a bit idyllic, but hey, why not hope for the very best as long as I realize they probably won't happen the way I plan?

Don't judge, pie and dreams always go together.
Christina

5 comments:

  1. A librarian sounds fun I love to read and can spend hours at a library. I love the photos of the pie looks tasty. When you graduate will you still be posting on your blogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, I plan to, but only time can tell!

      Delete
  2. I awarded you - http://autumnreadsandwritesallday.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award_21.html
    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gap year sounds like a great idea to get some experience while you're figuring out what you want to do. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The raspberry pie looks delicious--especially with the ice cream! Sounds like you have interesting plans...and a whole year to think about it! Personally I'd choose librarian unless I could teach at a Christian or private school.

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!