Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer Plans...

Well, well, well, looky here, another month has passed...
O well, what canya' do!
A lake that we hiked to a few weeks ago
Sooo, my summer began about three weeks ago, but I've made some plan/resolution-ish things that I thought I'd share. ;)

read the Bible every day
work out at least three times a week
finish Les Miserables
take the Sociology CLEP test
make the doll outfit that I designed
get comfortable with talking to older young people

Okay, I realize that I must explain the last one. I'm currently part of the women's ensemble in Fiddler on the Roof (which is totally awesome!!!) and the majority of the cast is college students from about 19-24 or so. I have no problem talking to people younger than me, that's simple, but I never know what to say to those slightly older than myself. To make matters worse, they all know each other (pretty much) and are in two other shows together at the same time (the company puts on three during the summer).

 Anyway, this is all to say that I generally spend my time at rehearsals with the children (there is one girl my age, but she's not always there) or standing around awkwardly while everyone else chats. Therefore, I have decided to just start talking to people. It can be quite difficult 'cause they all have stuff in common that I do not, so I really can't say much. However, I started yesterday by just sitting near them and joining in when I could. Yes, it was a little weird, but it was fun too! 

I've started on all the others as well, excepting finishing Les Mis, because my brother got me hooked on the Little Britches series so I'm currently reading those. 

This goat came up and watched us for a while on our way up!
I think most of these are going pretty well:

I read the Bible three days in a row last week, but stuff happened and I got off of it. Hopefully I can get back into it!
I worked out two times last week and once the week before, so that's good.
I've only studied three times for the test, which isn't so good. Tsk tsk.
I started on the prototype for the doll outfit (yay!).
And, as I said above, I started talking to the older young people!

So, all in all, my summer is going very well! I've also sewn a ton for my shop, taken lots of doll pictures, and have spent lots of time with my family!! 

There's nothing better than a sandwich after a long hike!
Hope your summer's going super well!
Christina

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your summer resolutions! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good summer! I love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plans sound really great!
    Sometimes I have a hard time talking to different people too, so I hang in there and listen until I hear something I can relate too, then I chime in. If you want to start a conversation try asking the others about the first play they were ever in. I bet you'll get lots of great memories from that. Or ask about a favorite actor or actress. Or even ask something like - If you could be a part of any movie franchise which one and why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas! The last couple summers I've tried to make goals too, but it seems like this summer I'm too busy...
    I can't wait until performances for Fiddler on the Roof start! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!