Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Lovely Little List//2014

Well, my friends, we have now reached the end of 2014. It was a beautiful, wonderful year and I couldn't have asked for any better and I thought it'd be apropos to make a list of all the lovely things that happened to me this year.

1. I finished my first year of Running Start and began my second - with all A's!

2. I was able to act in Fiddler on the Roof.

3. I tried tons of new baking recipes!!

4. I got to know a few of my "almost-friends" better and would definitely consider them full-fledged friends!

5. I was accepted into all three of the colleges that I applied to.

6. My Etsy shop continued to thrive (though I've not been sewing much lately).

7. I finished reading all of Jane Austen's main novels.

8. This summer, a girl from Spain, Alba, visited our neighbors for a few weeks and we had a wonderful time together! Definitely a highlight of my summer.

Well, there were millions of little things that made my year amazing, but I won't bore you with the details.

I've had a fantastic Christmas break; lots of sewing and reading and being with my family and seeing some friends. We went to Idaho for a few days and did a lot of movie-watching and hanging out in general. Most importantly, we saw the final Hobbit film. Wow, it was fantastic!!!! Despite my being a stickler for books, I must say that this ending was perfect for how Peter Jackson messed up the others. I am also very glad that the correct characters *coughcough Fili, Kili and Thorin coughcough* died. That was quite satisfactory.

We also saw the newest Night at the Museum movie, which was good, but not amazing.

In case anyone's interested, here's a list of the books I read this year. If you've been around very long, you'll know that I love books - specifically classics (children's novels included). Of course, I can't remember every book I read, but I'll remember the important ones.

1. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens - this was so, so, so good!! If you aren't fond of Dickens due to Oliver Twist, I would urge you to give this one a try. It's thrilling.

2. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - very well written, though I must admit that her stories are always fairly similar. I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless.

3. Persuasion by Jane Austen - I think I enjoyed this one even better than Mansfield Park, though they both really were very good.

4. Sir Nigel by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - fantastic. If you like knights and chivalry and queer folk you'd love this one. I'm currently reading the sequel, The White Company, and it's just as good.

5. Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome - this is a children's novel that I read years ago, but the reread is definitely worth it by far. It's a wonderful, realistic story of fun adventures during the summer holidays and there are several more books in the series.

Well, shame on me, I can't think of any more. Those are probably the main new ones I've read, I tend to pick up a lot of the children's novels sitting about because they're easy and fun, especially when my head is swimming with homework.

Oh yes, if you're curious, for Christmas I received a new comforter for my bed, Bleak House by Charles Dickens (I can't wait to read it!!), clothes, two doughnut pans and a mini muffin pan, and a doughnut recipe book. I'll probably end up getting some money, too. :)

Thanks so much for reading!!

I hope your year was just as splediferous as mine!
Christina

1 comment:

I know you love comments, and so do I! However, keep your language clean and acceptable; thanks!